What is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers is a pitching session for Distribution Companies representatives. Selected participants will have 5′ to introduce their Distribution Catalogue on a stage in front of an audience. Video projection of images, videos and text is possible and allowed during the 5′ pitch if required. Presentations must be in English.
Following the session, all the selected pitching presenters will have special one-on-one meetings with invited attending buyers.
Distribution Catalogue must feature no more than 10 films.
Who is it for?
Distributors Meet Buyers is dedicated exclusively to Distribution Companies representatives wishing to promote their catalogue to a diversified audience of cinema professionals: buyers, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions.
When is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers is scheduled during the 2019 Torino Short Film Market, between November 21st to 23rd. The exact date and time will be announced at a later stage.
However the deadline for sending a complete application is September 16th 2019 at 11:59PM (CEST). Applicants will receive a selection notice by the end of October.
Where is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers pitching session and one-on-one meetings will take place at Circolo dei Lettori, Via Bogino 9, Torino, Italy – the 2019 Torino Short Film Market’s unique location. For more info about the location please click here.
How do I apply?
In order to take part to the selection process of Distributors Meet Buyers applicants are required to:
• Register on the website tsfm.filmchief.com (Username and password remain the same if the applicant has already taken part to a previous edition of TSFM since 2017. Forgotten credentials can be retrieved on the website)
• Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
• Submit a PDF version of the Summary of the Distributor Catalogue (synopsis + technical information + type of rights held by the distributor – upload only together with the first film) written in English, to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form
• Submit the up to 10 films composing the Distributor Catalogue. The first film is to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form under the Step 2 tab. Once payment is completed click the Distributors Meet Buyers Entry Form button in order to send the other remaining films for free, the system will show the number of free submissions remaining.
• The submitted short films should NOT EXCEED 30 minutes in duration
• The submitted short films MUST have English subtitles embedded on the film if the dialogues are spoken in a language other than English
• The submitted short films MUST have been uploaded to Vimeo and be password protected (Please note that a password change at a later stage will prevent the short film to be seen on the Video Library)
• Single submitted films might be available in the TSFM 2019 Video Library even if the Distributor Catalogue is not admitted to the Distributors Meet Buyers pitching session if a film is selected by the Torino Short Film Market programmers. In such a case applicants will receive a TSFM 2019 Video Library selection notice by the end of October.
Very Important Note
In order to make the film available in the library, the privacy settings of the video on Vimeo MUST BE set as follows:
Under the sub-section “Where can this video be embedded?” please chose one of the following options: “Anywhere” or “Only on sites I choose”. In case of the latter choice, please insert the following link https://tsfm.filmchief.com/screening-room/9 into the box. Please remember to click the SAVE button.
How much does it cost?
Distributors Meet Buyers application costs 10 € until August 26th 2019 (15 € until September 16th) for each Distribution Catalogue submission (up to 10 films per catalogue). The sum is payable only via Paypal at the end of the application submission process. Fee waivers are awarded only in exceptional cases to whoever might benefit from them, and are assigned at the complete discretion of the Torino Short Film Market organizers.
How do I get there?
Torino Short Film Market does not provide any travel refunds to Distributors Meet Buyers participants, therefore selected applicants have to pay their travel expenses. However Torino Short Film Market will provide lodging for 2 nights and a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected Distribution Company.
© 2017 Aiace Nazionale - C.F. 80208670580 -
p.IVA 11460880013 - All Rights reserved