What is it?
Oltrecorto is a pitching session for directors and/or screenwriters. Selected participants will have 5′ to introduce on a stage in front of an audience their Feature Film or TV Series projects based on a previously completed short film. Video projection of images, videos and text is possible and allowed during the 5′ pitch if required. Presentations must be in English.
After the session, all the selected pitching presenters will have special one-on-one meetings with invited attending producers and commissioning editors.
Who is it for?
Oltrecorto is dedicated exclusively to directors and/or screenwriters – supported by a production company – wishing to receive feedbacks and looking for development support for their Feature Film or TV Series projects based on a previously completed short film from a diversified audience of cinema professionals: commissioning editors, buyers, distributors, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions.
When is it?
Oltrecorto is scheduled during the 2019 Torino Short Film Market, between November 21st to 23rd. The exact date and time will be announced at a later stage.
However the deadline for sending a complete application is September 16th 2019 at 11:59PM (CEST). Applicants will receive a selection notice by the end of October.
Where is it?
Oltrecorto pitching session and one-on-one meetings will take place at Circolo dei Lettori, Via Bogino 9, Torino, Italy – the 2019 Torino Short Film Market’s unique location. For more info about the location please click here.
What do I win?
Proxima Milano, as a TSFM partner, will take part in the upcoming 2019 edition, offering a color correction session award Tk4K@ProximaMilano to the best pitch with the following content:
– The best content proposal for Episode 0 of a TV Series (duration max.60′)
– The best content proposal for a Feature Film (duration max. 90′).
The color correction session will be conducted at the Proxima Milano studios and must take place no later than 20 months after TSFM 2019. The content should comply with international standards, as well as with the technical requirements and schedule of Proxima Milano.
In collaboration with Short Film Corner and in occasion of the third edition of Focus CoPro’ (May 2020) – program dedicated to first-time feature projects – a representative of Cannes Court Métrage will choose a project to include in their selection.
How do I apply?
In order to take part to the selection process of Oltrecorto applicants are required to:
• Register on the website tsfm.filmchief.com (Username and password remain the same if the applicant has already taken part to a previous edition of TSFM since 2017. Forgotten credentials can be retrieved on the website)
• Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
• Submit a PDF version of the Subject for both Feature Film and TV Series projects written in English, to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form
• Submit a PDF version of a Script or Treatment (for Feature Film projects only) written in English, to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form
• Submit a PDF version of a Bible with subjects of the episodes (max 1 page per episode, only for TV Series projects) written in English, to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form
• Submit a PDF version of a detailed Economic and Financial Plan (estimated costs, coverage, already obtained funding/coproduction in place) written in English, to be uploaded using the aforementioned entry form
• Submit the password protected Vimeo link of the film on which the Feature Film or TV Series project is based on.
• The submitted Feature Film or TV Series project must be based on a Narrative short film
• The submitted short film should NOT EXCEED 30 minutes in duration
• The submitted short film MUST have English subtitles embedded on the film if the dialogues are spoken in a language other than English
• The submitted short film MUST have been uploaded to Vimeo and be password protected (Please note that a password change at a later stage will prevent the short film to be seen on the Video Library)
How much does it cost?
Oltrecorto application costs 10 € until August 26th 2019 (15 € until September 16th) for each project submission. The sum is payable only via Paypal at the end of the application submission process. Fee waivers are awarded only in exceptional cases to whoever might benefit from them, and are assigned at the complete discretion of the Torino Short Film Market organizers.
How do I get there?
Torino Short Film Market will contribute to the travel expenses for a maximum amount of 250 € and provide lodging for 2 nights and a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected Oltrecorto project.
© 2017 Aiace Nazionale - C.F. 80208670580 -
p.IVA 11460880013 - All Rights reserved