What is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers is a pitching session for Distribution Companies representatives. Selected participants will have 5′ to introduce their Distribution Catalogue. Due to sanitary crisis, the pitch will be posted online on a private platform especially dedicated to Torino Film Industry event. Presentations must be in English, one-to-one meetings with buyers will follow and will be curated online too. If possible, a reduced version of TSFM will take place the spot in Turin. We keep you posted in September.
Distribution Catalogue must feature no more than 10 films.
Who is it for?
Distributors Meet Buyers is dedicated exclusively to Distribution Companies representatives wishing to promote their catalogue to a diversified audience of cinema professionals: buyers, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions.
When is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers is scheduled during the 2020 Torino Short Film Market, between November 17th to 21st.
However the deadline for sending a complete application is September 14th 2020 at 11:59PM (CEST). Applicants will receive a selection notice by the half of October.
Where is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers pitching session and one-on-one meetings will take place online. Following new sanitary restriction, we can’t guarantee Circolo dei Lettori access for now (Via Bogino 9, Torino, Italy).
How do I apply?
In order to take part to the selection process of Distributors Meet Buyers applicants are required to:
• Register on the website tsfm.filmchief.com (Username and password remain the same if the applicant has already taken part to a previous edition of TSFM since 2017. Forgotten credentials can be retrieved on the website)
• Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
• Once payment is completed click the Distributors Meet Buyers Entry Form button in order to send your up to 10 films click again on Distributors meet Buyers form, you’ll be redirected to Filmfreeway and will be allowed to submit for free.
• The submitted short films should NOT EXCEED 30 minutes in duration
• The submitted short films MUST have English subtitles embedded on the film if the dialogues are spoken in a language other than English
• The submitted short films MUST have been uploaded to Vimeo and be password protected (Please note that a password change at a later stage will prevent the short film to be seen on the Video Library)
• Single submitted films might be available in the TSFM 2020 Video Library even if the Distributor Catalogue is not admitted to the Distributors Meet Buyers pitching session.
Very Important Note
In order to make the film available in the library, the privacy settings of the video on Vimeo MUST BE set as follows:
Under the sub-section “Where can this video be embedded?” please chose one of the following options: “Anywhere” or “Only on sites I choose”. In case of the latter choice, please insert the following link https://tsfm.filmchief.com/screening-room/10 into the box. Please remember to click the SAVE button.
How much does it cost?
Distributors Meet Buyers application is up to you for this special edition. The sum is payable only via Paypal at the end of the application submission process.
How do I get there?
Torino Short Film Market does not provide any travel refunds to Distributors Meet Buyers participants, therefore selected applicants have to pay their travel expenses. However Torino Short Film Market will provide lodging for 2 nights and a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected Distribution Company if travel and physical events will be allowed.
© 2016 Werkstatt