Distributors Meet Buyers
What is it?
Distributors Meet Buyers is a pitching session for distribution companies representatives. Selected participants will have five minutes to pitch their distribution catalogue to an audience of film professionals.
Following the pitch session, participants will attend a series of one-to-one meetings with industry professionals scheduled by the Torino Short Film Market team.
Who is it for?
Distributors Meet Buyers is dedicated exclusively to distribution companies representatives aiming to promote their catalogue. A diversified audience of cinema professionals - buyers, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions - will provide feedback to the selected distribution companies representatives.
When is it scheduled?
Distributors Meet Buyers is scheduled on Saturday December 4th 2021 during Torino Short Film Market Vol 6.
Please note that the time and date might change. The Torino Short Film Market team will inform prospective participants of any change of time and date that may occur as soon as any new information will be available.
Where is it located?
Distributors Meet Buyers and one-on-one meetings are scheduled to take place in Torino, Italy.
Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to comply with public health safety measures the location might be different. Furthermore, if required by the local safety health institutions, Distributors Meet Buyers might be moved entirely online. The Torino Short Film Market team will inform prospective participants of any change of location that may occur as soon as any new information will be available.
What language will be used?
The catalogues’ accompanying documents must be submitted in English. Presentations will be pitched exclusively in English.
How do I apply?
In order to take part in the selection process of Distributors Meet Buyers, applicants are required to:
- Register and sign in at tsfm.filmchief.com (If applicants have already been accredited to Torino Short Film Market from 2017 on, username and password remain the same and they can be used to sign in. In case of lost credentials, these can be retrieved directly on the website)
- Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
- Once payment is completed, applicants will receive a fee waiver code and detailed instructions explaining how to complete the submission process for the remaining films featured in their distribution catalogue. Please note that each submission is checked by an individual, therefore the process might require some time to be finalised.
- Each distribution catalogue MUST feature maximum 10 short films.
- Submitted short films should NOT EXCEED 59 minutes in length.
- Submitted short films MUST have embedded English subtitles if the film is spoken in a language other than English.
- Submitted short films MUST be provided as a password protected Vimeo link. Please note that changing the Vimeo link password will prevent the short film to be seen on TSFM Video-Library.
- Although an entire catalogue is not selected for the Distributors Meet Buyers pitch, selected submitted films might be available in the Torino Short Film Market vol. 6 Video-Library for accredited.
- professionals only.
When is the deadline for submissions?
There are several deadlines for submitting a complete application to Distributors Meet Buyers.
The early bird deadline is scheduled on Wednesday March 31st 2021 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
The regular deadline is scheduled on Monday June 30th 2021 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
How much does it cost?
The submission fee to Distributors Meet Buyers varies according to the chosen deadline for submitting a complete application.
The early bird deadline fee amounts to 10,00 €.
The regular deadline fee amounts to 20,00 €.
The sum is payable at the end of the submission process via Paypal only.
When will applicants be notified of the selection results?
Applicants will receive a selection or rejection notice via email by Friday October 1st 2021.
In case of selection is participation mandatory?
All participants are required to come to Torino in order to attend the Distributors Meet Buyers. Torino Short Film Market will provide lodging for 2 nights and a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected project. Travel costs will not be covered or reimbursed.
Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to comply with public health safety measures, selected participants that might be banned from traveling to Torino will be able to attend the Distributors Meet Buyers pitch remotely from home.
Is there a prize?
A jury of three industry professionals selected by the Torino Short Film Market team will award a distribution grant of 500 € to the best distribution catalogue.
Other prizes might be announced at a later stage.