What is it?
Oltrecorto is an international co-production pitch for upcoming feature film or tv-series productions based on a previously released short film. Selected participants will have five minutes to pitch their project to an audience of film professionals.
Following the pitch session, participants will attend a series of one-to-one meetings with industry professionals scheduled by the Torino Short Film Market team.
Who is it for?
Oltrecorto is exclusively dedicated to creative teams composed by directors, screenwriters and/or producers, from any country of the world, that are in need of development support for completing the submitted projects. A diversified audience of cinema professionals - commissioning editors, buyers, distributors, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions - will provide feedback to the selected projects.
When is it scheduled?
Oltrecorto is scheduled on Thursday December 2nd 2021 during Torino Short Film Market Vol 6.
Please note that the time and date might change. The Torino Short Film Market team will inform prospective participants of any change of time and date that may occur as soon as any new information will be available.
Where is it located?
Oltrecorto and one-on-one meetings are scheduled to take place in Torino, Italy.
Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to comply with public health safety measures the location might be different. Furthermore, if required by the local safety health institutions, the Oltrecorto pitch might be moved entirely online. The Torino Short Film Market team will inform prospective participants of any change of location that may occur as soon as any new information will be available.
What language will be used?
Projects must be submitted in English. Selected projects will be pitched exclusively in English.
How do I apply?
In order to take part in the selection process of Oltrecorto, applicants are required to:
- Register and sign in at tsfm.filmchief.com (If applicants have already been accredited to Torino Short Film Market from 2017 on, username and password remain the same and they can be used to sign in. In case of lost credentials, these can be retrieved directly on the website)
- Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
- The submitted feature film project or the tv series project must be based on an already released short film.
- The submitted short film on which the feature film project or the tv series project is based should NOT EXCEED 30 minutes in length.
- The submitted short film MUST have embedded English subtitles if the film is spoken in a language other than English.
- Submitted short films MUST be provided as a password protected Vimeo link. Please note that changing the Vimeo link password will prevent the short film to be seen on TSFM Video-Library.
- A production company must be attached to the Olrecorto project BEFORE submitting the application.
When is the deadline for submissions?
There are several deadlines for submitting a complete application to Oltrecorto.
The early bird deadline is scheduled on Wednesday March 31st 2021 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
The regular deadline is scheduled on Monday June 30th 2021 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
How much does it cost?
The submission fee to Oltrecorto varies according to the chosen deadline for submitting a complete application.
The early bird deadline fee amounts to 10,00 €.
The regular deadline fee amounts to 20,00 €.
The sum is payable at the end of the submission process via Paypal only.
When will applicants be notified of the selection results?
Applicants will receive a selection or rejection notice via email by Friday October 1st 2021.
In case of selection is participation mandatory?
All participants are required to come to Torino in order to attend Oltrecorto. Torino Short Film Market will provide lodging for 2 nights and a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected project. Travel costs will not be covered or reimbursed.
Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to comply with public health safety measures, selected participants that might be banned from traveling to Torino will be able to attend the Oltrecorto pitch remotely from home.
Is there a prize?
A jury of three industry professionals selected by the Torino Short Film Market team will award a developing grant of 1.000 € to the best project.
Other prizes might be announced at a later stage.